Setting a schedule to fit your Network Marketing business can be hard to do! For some reason network marketers like to say things like, “but I’m doing this business so I can have flexibility with my schedule”. That is TRUE. Yet, if you want to have a successful business, you need to have a schedule so you can HAVE flexibility.
Suggestions in helping you set your Network Marketing schedule:
- First, if you have a full or part time job, mark that out of your calendar. You just will not be available during that time.
- Mark out any standing obligations you have. For example, if Sunday’s are reserved for family day, treat that as an appointment and mark it down as such. Or, if you volunteer on Wednesday nights, that also needs to be penciled in.
- Mark out kid’s sporting events. This should not be compromised. Don’t put money before your family time, no matter how much money you can earn. You should always treat family as a high priority so document all your kid’s events as an appointment.
- Don’t forget to spend time with your spouse at least 1-2 times per month, like a date night. Trust me on this one, it makes for a happier relationship!
- If you are at home with the kids, mark out times for getting kids off to school, homework time, etc.
- Don’t forget to spend time on yourself, your “Me Time”. It could be working out, getting a massage, reading a book or taking a bubble bath. Whatever it is, document it! It’s surprising how much you’ll put yourself last despite how busy you seem to be doing “stuff”.
- Personal Development/Meditation/Prayer. In our daily lives, we deal with so much and rarely get a chance to take time out for ourselves. Allow yourself 30 minutes each day by doing something that will build up your mental strength. Meditate, pray or read a motivational book that will help inspire you and get you ready to conquer the world.
- Now that you have your available time, mark out chunks of time that you can commit to your business. Just because you have 20 hours left does not mean you can just work whenever you feel like it. Discipline yourself and make sure the days and times you set aside are used to work ON your business. Set specific activities you will be doing at specific times. Consistency is key so make sure to stick to those specific days and times you set aside.
- Next decide what income producing activities that time will be spent on. You will need to set time aside for calling your prospects, time for follow up calls, time for blog writing. The time will go quick, so pencil it in stay disciplined on your time.
- You may realize that you need to wake up an hour earlier to fit in an extra hour to work on your business. Or, spend a few extra hours after work if you currently have a job.
- If it helps, color code your business time and highlight it in green – which means, it’s MONEY MAKING time!
You can adjust your schedule as needed. THAT’S the flexibility part. Having a schedule is a necessity if you are going to have a successful business. So don’t put it off, and get started today!!
Comment below the strategies you use to schedule time to work on your business if you work full time.